Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Keratoderma or cracked heel occurs when the heel or the sole of the feet is extremely dry, exfoliated and cracked. It occurs when ;
• The feet is exposed to harsh season like severe harmattan period.
• Walking bare-footed.
Cracked Heel can be treated by the following procedures;
• Soak your feet in a lemon water ( one-fourth of water plus one lemon, squeezed in it).
• Clean the feet with a pumice stone for few minutes.
• Wash your feet with soap.
• Clean in warm water.
• Then apply balm or any oils such as coconut oil, shea butter, sesame oil, Vaseline and glycerine.
For a foot soak method 2:
Keep your feet in lukewarm, soapy water for up to 20 minutes.
Use a loofah, foot scrubber, or pumice stone to remove any hard, thick skin.
Gently pat your feet dry.
Apply a heel balm or thick moisturizer to the affected area.
Apply petroleum jelly over your feet to lock in moistutre.