ENTERTAINMENT Joshua admits handing Usyk vacant WBO title is likely

Joshua admits handing Usyk vacant WBO title is likely

-

January 26,2020

Anthony Joshua had admitted for the first time that giving up one of his world titles is a likely scenario at this stage of his career.

Despite regaining four straps from Andy Ruiz Jr. in December, Joshua was ordered to defend TWO versions almost immediately.

Instead of asking for an exception to face IBF stipulation Kubrat Pulev first and then WBO number one Oleksandr Usyk later in the year, Joshua doesn’t want to commit at this point in time.

That’s because AJ is hopeful of landing the winner, or loser for that matter, from the forthcoming Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury rematch.

Wilder and Fury go at it again on February 22nd in Las Vegas.

Joshua is preparing a huge offer to whoever shows the most interest in the aftermath.

This means the 30-year-old two-time world heavyweight champion only has time for one mandatory.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

NSCDC arrest suspected Boko Haram logistics supplier in Borno

Thursday, 11 June, 2020 The Nigeria Security and Civil...

Breaking: Iran says virus cases top 180,000

Thursday, 11 june, 2020 More than 180,000 people have...

Breaking: Before bashing tech’s legal shield, Trump used it to defend himself in court

Saturday, june 6, 2020 President Donald Trump last week...

Bruno Fernandes admits he cried after signing Man United deal

Friday, June 5, 2020 Bruno Fernandes was “scared” but...

Prof Soyinka says President Buhari is not in charge of Aso Rock

Friday, June 5, 2020 Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, says...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you