Trending Health minister says Nigerians should stop asking him about...

Health minister says Nigerians should stop asking him about Chinese doctors

-

Friday, May 15, 2020

The minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, has he does not know the whereabouts of the Chinese medical team who were reportedly brought to Nigeria to help the country fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ehanire speaking at the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja on Thursday, May 14, asked Nigerians to stop asking him about the whereabouts of the health professionals, The Tribune reports.

Ehanire stated that the Chinese team is not hosted by the ministry of health.

The minister said the health ministry cannot give details about the Chinese health professionals because the ministry is not hosting them.

Ehanire, however, stated that the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has been able to learn some things from the Chinese medical team by interacting with them from their experience in their country.

“The Ministry of Health is not their host. So, we cannot always explain what happened to them or where they are. There seems to be a lot of interest in these doctors but they are staff of the company and I think they are on the company visa,” he said.

“So, I will be very happy if you do not ask me about where they are because they are not really our guests in that sense. But we have been able to learn some things from them by interacting with them on their experiences in their country.

In another report, the federal government has directed the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) to carry out an assessment on the possibility of using herbal mixture to cure coronavirus. Ministry of Health, through a memo with REF no.

TCAM/077/I/65 directed to the director-general of NAFDAC, Mojisola Adeyeye, by its permanent secretary, Mashi Abdullahi, gave the directive.

The move came amid growing calls to the government to consider local herbal mixture alternative to cure Covid-19 since there has been no vaccine for the virus which is responsible for the death of 271,410 globally.

Still on health, the federal government has told the medical facilities in the country to stop rejecting patients, especially emergency cases.

Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health, said this on Monday, May 4, in Abuja during the presidential task force briefing on Covid-19 in the country.

Ehanire, however, noted that it is unethical not to attend to persons in distress, adding that any infected health worker puts a strain on the system.

The minister said the ministry was strengthening its support for Kano state Ministry of Health with service delivery and training in consultation with the state governor.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

NSCDC arrest suspected Boko Haram logistics supplier in Borno

Thursday, 11 June, 2020 The Nigeria Security and Civil...

Breaking: Iran says virus cases top 180,000

Thursday, 11 june, 2020 More than 180,000 people have...

Breaking: Before bashing tech’s legal shield, Trump used it to defend himself in court

Saturday, june 6, 2020 President Donald Trump last week...

Bruno Fernandes admits he cried after signing Man United deal

Friday, June 5, 2020 Bruno Fernandes was “scared” but...

Prof Soyinka says President Buhari is not in charge of Aso Rock

Friday, June 5, 2020 Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, says...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you